2013 Wilderness First Aid Course
American Red Cross Wilderness and Remote First Aid Class
When: Saturday June 8, 2013– 8 a.m. until around 9 p.m.
Sunday June 9, 2013 – 10 a.m. until around 5p.m.
Where: Ligonier Camp and Conference Center – Route 711 North of Ligonier
Cost: $80.00 – cash or check payable to Ligonier Camp and Conference Center, brought with you to the course.
Thank you for taking the wilderness and remote first aid class. This class will follow the American Red Cross curriculum for wilderness first aid, which was developed in conjunction with the Boy Scouts of America. Due to the nature of this course, you should be prepared to spend the entire time outside, in other words, dress for the weather.
· First Aid equipment that you would take on a trip
· Sleeping pad/chair
· Clothing for the weather (including rain gear)
· Sturdy footwear (no sandals/flip flops)
· Notebook & pen/pencil
· Lunch for Saturday and Sunday
· Water bottle/drinks for the day – there is a water source to refill your bottles
· Bug spray/repellent
· Sleeping bag/blanket
· Ground cloth/tarp
· Other equipment
· Complete the attached medical form & liability form
· Course book
· SOAP Notes
· Saturday diner
Contact Tim Dalton 724-875-6729, 724-537-0446.