Den Chief Service Award
- Serve the pack faithfully for one full year.
- Attend Den Chief Training (if available within year of service) OR be trained by the assistant Cubmaster and den leader.
- Know and understand the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Help Cub Scouts achieve the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Be the activities assistant in den meetings.
- Set a good example by attitude and uniforming.
- Be a friend to the boys in the den.
- Take part in weekly meetings.
- Assist the den at the monthly pack program.
- Meet as needed with the adult members of the den, pack, troop, team, or crew.
- Complete four of these projects:
- Serve as a staff member of a special Cub Scouting event, such as a Scouting show, bicycle rodeo, etc.
- Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout day camp or �resident camp.
- Advance one rank.
- Assist in recruiting three new Cub Scouts.
- Assist three Cub Scouts to become Webelos Scouts.
- Assist three Webelos Scouts to join a troop.
- Help to plan and carry out a joint pack-troop activity.
- Recommend to your Scoutmaster, Varsity Scout Coach, or Venturing Advisor another Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, or Venturer to be a den chief.
See the Den Chief Handbook, No. 33211B, for detailed requirements.