Cub Scout Camp
Cub Scout Resident Camping
At resident camps, Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts camp overnight. Every year, the resident camp has a different theme and different adventures. Upcoming themes include Wild West, Space, Knights of the Roundtable, Safari, and Dinosaurs. At resident camp, Cub Scouts, Webelos Scouts, their leaders, and parents get to try new skills and have a lot of fun with our incredible summer camp staff.
Camp Buck Run is located inside Eberly Scout Reservation along with Camp Conestoga located in Somerset, PA.
Note: For current availability, please contact Kenny Bartlett at Kenneth.Bartlett@scouting.org.
For a listing of advancements earned at camp is 2022 please use the links below!
2022 Buck Run Session Schedule
Buck Run Session 1: June 17th-22nd
Buck Run Session 2: July 8th-13th
Buck Run Session 3: July 15th-20th
Buck Run Session 4: July 22nd-27th
Buck Run Session 5: July 29th-August 3rd
Cub Weekend Camp
Friday night through Sunday evening after Closing Campfire
This camp is for the new Cub Scouts and their parents attending camp for the first time. This session will help the Scout get acquainted with the Cub Scout Camping program.
Fees: $150.00- Scouts; $75.00- Parent/Leader
4- Day Resident Camp:
4 days and 4 nights starting on Friday night and ending on Tuesday evening after Closing Campfire. Wolves and Bears attend this Camp with their pack leadership.
Fees: $220.00- Scouts; $170.00- Leaders over the free amount
5-Day Resident Camp:
5 days and 5 nights starting on Friday night and ending on Wednesday evening after Closing Campfire. Webelos attend this Camp with their pack leadership.
Fees: $265.00- Scouts; $170.00- Leaders over the free amount
Any required deposits shall be NON-REFUNDABLE.
Refund of fees, outside of a deposit, will be processed on a sliding scale according to the following guidelines:
- Requests received 30 or more days before the event – 100% of the total event fee, less the NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.
- Requests received 14 – 29 days before the event – 50% of the total event fee, less the NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.
- Requests received less than 14 days before the day of the event — 25% of the total event fee, less the NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.
*In the event of a documented medical reason (doctor’s note required), a death in the family, a natural disaster, or a declared emergency – refund request must be submitted within fourteen (14) days following the end of the applicable activity.
For events where you register as a unit, registrations are transferrable within the same unit to a Scout or adult leader not currently registered for the activity.
Approved refunds will be processed within thirty (30) days of their receipt and all deposit will be made to the Unit. The unit will be responsible for the disbursement of those fees to the correct family. In Council Units, fees will be deposited into the Units account at the Council Service Center.
If an activity is cancelled or postponed by our council and the participant cannot attend on the alternate date, a refund request of the full fee will need to be submitted to process the refund.
Recognizing that we are here to “help other people at all times,” regardless of the policies set out above, full or partial refunds may be granted for special hardship cases. Special hardship cases may include personal illness or family emergencies. Special hardship case refunds will be promptly considered and granted or denied by the Camp’s Staff Advisor or Camp Director.
All refund requests must be submitting using the Refund Request form found here.
March 11, 2022
- Deposit is $50.00 and is NON- REFUNDABLE.
May 13, 2022
- Balance is due with Early Bird Fee.
Camp Fee increases $15.00 after the final due date
Family Discount for Cub Scouts Attending Camp Buck Run:
- Fee for Second Cub Scout or more attending Camps at Camp Buck Run is 10% less.
- The discount also applies to a Cub Scout if there is an older sibling who is going to Scouts BSA Camp
Ratio of Adults to Scouts:
1–15 Scouts = 1 adult free per pack
16–25 Scouts = 2 adults free per pack
26 + Scouts = 3 adults free per pack
Campership Guidelines – Camp Buck Run:
The Campership Program is designed to aid, but not support, Scouts who would not be able to attend camp without financial assistance. Campership applications are available at the Council Service Center or below.
All parts of the application must be completed and turned in by April 4, 2022 in order to be eligible for a campership. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- 2022 Reservation Form
- Weekend Registration Roster
- 5-Day Registration Roster (Buck Run)
- 4-Day Registration Roster (Buck Run)
- Buck Run Registration Form
- 2022 Leaders Guide
- 2022 Buck Run Smoke Signals
- Pre-Camp Swim Testing Form
- Medication Record (Buck Run)
- Medical Form (Please use the “Are You Going Camping” Section)
- Campership Application– Due April 4, 2022
- Camper Departure Form (Buck Run)
- Buck Run Registration Procedures
- Refund Policy (Effective 01/01/2021)
- Refund Request Form
Want a great Summer Job where being outdoors is your office, and you get paid to have fun!