Internet Rechartering allows you to renew your unit’s charter online and perform the following actions:
Scoutbook is the BSA’s online unit management tool and helps Scouts, parents and leaders track advancement and milestone achievements along the Scouting trail.
As of January 1, 2019, Scoutbook subscriptions are free to all scouting units.
The BSA Internet Advancement Program is free and when you enter your Scouts advancement records they update automatically to the Scouts records. Call Tina at 724-837-1630 for information on how to set up your unit.
2019 Guide to Advancement
Many of your questions can be answered using the BSA Guide to Advancement. If you have any questions, please call Tina at the Council Office – 724-837-1630
Youth Protection Training
- Youth Protection training is required for all BSA registered volunteers.
- Youth Protection training must be taken every two years. If a volunteer’s Youth Protection training record is not current at the time of recharter, the volunteer will not be reregistered
State of Pennsylvania Required Background Checks
The state of Pennsylvania requires that all Volunteers that are involved with children must take the following background checks to be qualified to be a leader in the Boy Scouts of America:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background checks
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse Background checks
- FBI Background Checks or Volunteer Affidavit (Living in Pennsylvania 10 Years or more)
Volunteers that do not comply with this ordinance will not be registered in the Boy Scouts of America. Charters will not be processed if the background check paperwork is not turned into the office.
We are committed to keeping our Scouts safe and appreciate your cooperation with these extra steps to ensure we continue to do so!
Merit Badge Counselor List by Badge
How to become a Merit Badge Counselor
You can download fillable membership applications below
Applies to ALL participants—in basic Scouting activities such as local tours and weekend camping trips less than 72 hours in duration. Fill out parts A & B.
For resident campers (summer or winter camps). Events 72 hours or more. Fill out parts A B & C (Physician Signature Required)