Scouts BSA Camping
Camp Conestoga - Resident Camping
Scuba Diving Merit Badge / Certification Class
When: July 3-9, 2022
Scout Participants will earn the Scuba Diving Merit Badge, along with the certification, (They Must pass all requirements). Scouter Participants will earn the certification, (They Must pass all requirements). Class consist of classroom training, hands on pool training, and off-site Diving at Blue Hole Quarry near Hollidaysburg, PA.
Class will start promptly after check-in; Participants will camp at the Guyasuta campsite beside the Pool and conclude Friday evening. Additional items to bring will be communication prior to camp once registration has been completed.
2022 Camp Conestoga Sessions Schedule
Conestoga Week 1: June 19th-25th
Conestoga Week 2: June 26th-July 2nd
Conestoga Week 3: July 10th-16th
Conestoga Week 4: July 17th-23rd
Conestoga Week 5: July 24th-30th
Conestoga Week 6: July 31st-August 6th
Reservation Fee –ALL SCOUTS
$50.00 PER SCOUT–Due in the Council Service Center by March 4, 2022.
The troop will receive the discounted fee to be paid in full by May 6, 2022 for the number of Scouts that the Troop has paid $50 for by this date. Exception will be Arrow of Light Scouts moving to the troop; they will receive the discounted price until the final due date. This fee is necessary to hold the troop campsite and is credited toward the remaining balance. The fee is NON-REFUNDABLE but is transferable.
Camp Fees—Early Bird Fees (If paid in full BY May 6, 2022)
Camp Fees –Regular Camp Fees (If paid in full AFTER May 6, 2022)
$25.00 per troop, this fee reserves the campsite, and may be rolled over from year to year.
Second Week of Camp Fee
Camp Fees –Units Cooking in their Campsite
The First 2 leaders for every unit are free. Beyond the initial 2 leaders, a ratio of 1 leader to every 8 scouts will allow an additional leader to attend camp at no charge.
Units bringing more than 2 leaders that do not meet the 1 to 8 ratio will be charged:
01 -16 Scouts = 2 Free Adults
17 -24 Scouts = 3 Free Adults
25 –32 Scouts = 4 Free Adults
One more Free Adult at 33, 41, 49, 57, 65, & etc.
Fee for second (and subsequent) Scouts attending Camp Conestoga there will be a $35 per Scout discount.
Families with Scouts attending both Conestoga and Buck Run will receive a 10% discount on the second (and subsequent) Scout camp fees.
NOTE: Fees will be assessed on the Day of CAMP CHECK-IN at Camp Conestoga to ensure you meet the requirements.
A COMPLETED TROOP ROSTER INCLUDING INFORMATION FOR ALL YOUTH AND ADULTS ATTENDING CAMP IS REQUIRED WHEN MAKING DEPOSITS ON MARCH 4, 2022 AND WHEN FINAL PAYMENTS ARE DUE ON MAY 6, 2022 AND WHEN YOUR TROOP CHECKS IN AT CAMP.
Don’t Want the Whole
The following links will provide you with the individual sections of the Leader’s Guide for your convience. The full Leader’s Guide is still availible above in the Forms and Info section.
The purpose of the campership program is to assist Scouts who have a financial need and have demonstrated fiscal inability to attend council sponsored camping opportunities. Please refer to the Campership Application in the Camp Forms section of this Leader’s Guide for more information.
AVAILABLITY & REVIEW PROCEDURES
- Campership applications will be reviewed by the campership committee. The Reservation Director shall be given power of approval beginning the first day of Staff training week.
- Camperships shall be available for all RESIDENT CAMPS.
- Camperships will be considered on a need basis.
- All campership applications must be received no later than April 4, 2022.
- You will be required to submit a copy of your most recent Federal Tax Return with your application.
- Applications shall be available on the Council Website.
- An application can also be found in the Camp Forms section of this guide
- Unit leaders are responsible for completing the “unit information” section and distributing applications to families with a perceived need.
- Parents or Guardians are responsible for the remainder of the application and for its submission.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Eagle Camp Campership
Starting in 2022, there will be a special campership fund for Scouts wishing to attend Eagle Camp but are unable attend due to financial constraints. Applications will be due on April 4, 2022. Please click here for application and guidelines.
- Canoe Rental Application
- 2022 Conestoga Leader’s Guide
- 2022 Smoke Signals
- 2022 Merit Badge Schedule
- 2022 Evening Program Schedule
- Program Costs
- Camp Map
- 2022 First Year Camper Program
- Medical Form (Please use the “Are you Going to Camp” Section)
- Campership Application– Due April 4, 2022
- 2022 Eagle Camp Information Packet
- Eagle Camp Campership Form– Due April 4, 2022
- 2022 Campsite Reservation Form
- Refund Policy (Effective 01/01/2021)
- Refund Request Form
Want a great Summer Job where being outdoors is your office, and you get paid to have fun!
Any required deposits shall be NON-REFUNDABLE.
Refund of fees, outside of a deposit, will be processed on a sliding scale according to the following guidelines:
- Requests received 30 or more days before the event – 100% of the total event fee, less the NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.
- Requests received 14 – 29 days before the event – 50% of the total event fee, less the NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.
- Requests received less than 14 days before the day of the event — 25% of the total event fee, less the NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.
*In the event of a documented medical reason (doctor’s note required), a death in the family, a natural disaster, or a declared emergency – refund request must be submitted within fourteen (14) days following the end of the applicable activity.
For events where you register as a unit, registrations are transferrable within the same unit to a Scout or adult leader not currently registered for the activity.
Approved refunds will be processed within thirty (30) days of their receipt and all deposit will be made to the Unit. The unit will be responsible for the disbursement of those fees to the correct family. In Council Units, fees will be deposited into the Units account at the Council Service Center.
If an activity is cancelled or postponed by our council and the participant cannot attend on the alternate date, a refund request of the full fee will need to be submitted to process the refund.
Recognizing that we are here to “help other people at all times,” regardless of the policies set out above, full or partial refunds may be granted for special hardship cases. Special hardship cases may include personal illness or family emergencies. Special hardship case refunds will be promptly considered and granted or denied by the Camp’s Staff Advisor or Camp Director.
All refund requests must be submitting using the Refund Request form found here.