State of Pennsylvania Required Background Checks
The state of Pennsylvania requires that all Volunteers that are involved with children must take the following background checks to be qualified to be a leader in the Boy Scouts of America:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background checks
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse Background checks
- FBI Background Checks or Volunteer Affidavit (Living in Pennsylvania 10 Years or more)
Volunteers that do not comply with this ordinance will not be registered in the Boy Scouts of America. Charters will not be processed if the background check paperwork is not turned into the office.
We are committed to keeping our Scouts safe and appreciate your cooperation with these extra steps to ensure we continue to do so!
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK INSTRUCTIONS
Volunteers needing to obtain the FBI fingerprint-based background check should begin the process by visiting Idemia’s website (link above) and then follow the steps below.
Click on “Digital Fingerprinting.” On the next screen, enter the Service Code, which is: 1KG6ZJ.
- Click on Locate an Enrollment Center first to find the location for providing your fingerprints that is closest to you, this is a resource to find the closest location to you only. The company is continuing to add new fingerprinting locations.
- Click on Schedule or Manage Appointment.
- Follow the prompts for completing the required information and printing the registration form to take to the fingerprinting location.
This is required for those who have lived in Pennsylvania less than 10 years.