Friends of Scouting is the annual giving campaign of the Westmoreland-Fayette Council that helps provide the necessary funds to ensure a quality Scouting program for every youth. Friends of Scouting is a primary source of income (10 percent). The campaign is vital to the programs and services of the Council.
More than 82% of the council budget is directed towards program support that impact the quality of every youth’s Scouting experience!
It costs $200 to provide one year of quality program for each Scout.
What does a Friends of Scouting investment provide?
- Local programs and activities throughout the council territory
- Camp scholarships, uniforms and registration fees for youths who otherwise could not participate
- Scout service center that coordinate Scouting activities and provide customer service to members
- Accident and liability insurance to protect both youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide, and inspire volunteer leadership
- Camps and facilities available for year-round camping and Cub Scout family outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events
- Advancement programs where Scouts are recognized for learning and achievement of goals they set
- Distribution and development of literature and training-materials
- Leadership training for young people who will become future community leaders
To make a donation to Friends of Scouting, please send a check to
Westmoreland-Fayette Council, BSA
2 Garden Center Drive
Greensburg, PA 15601
(make checks payable to WFC-BSA)